We’re proud to be the Guardians of the Railway, focused on the safety of the public.
Our Vision is to be a world-leading police force trusted to provide a safe and reliable railway
Our Mission is to work together to protect the rail community by creating a hostile environment for crime.
By collectively working towards our Purpose and strategy, we will achieve our ambitious Vision and bold Mission.
· Crime Prevention and Safeguarding to reduce the likelihood of people coming to harm on the railways.
· Target our efforts to ensure fewer victims of the most serious crime.
· Innovate and collaborate with our partners to reduce disruption.
· Generate value for money through the use of technology, adapting to meet the future.
· Build trust and confidence of passengers and rail staff so we can defeat criminality together.
· Build a modern and inclusive Force where our people reflect the best of our communities.
Us at our best
Our Values are critical to creating an environment where we can all be our best. They support us to achieve by guiding every decision we make and every action we take.
Co-designed with our people internally, our Values were refreshed in 2021 to reaffirm what ‘us at our best’ looks and feels like as a representative of British Transport Police.
· We are proud to protect
· We care
· We strive to better every day
· We do the right thing
· We are one BTP
Inclusion and diversity objectives
At British Transport Police, we take our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion seriously.
We want to make sure that our workplace is as inclusive as it can be, and that everything that we do helps our people to feel safer, happier and more productive at work. We know that this makes us a better employer and also helps us to attract, recruit and retain a diverse workforce. We also know that having a diverse workforce is good for business and helps us to provide the very best service for all our service users; whether they work or travel on the railway network.
We want everyone who works or volunteers for us to be actively involved in making sure that we are a fair, ethical and inclusive employer where people feel able to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone at BTP has a role to play in creating the organisation we want to be.
To find out more, please download a copy of the force's Inclusion and Diversity Strategy below.