If someone is in danger or at risk

If you're concerned about a child you can tell us about this, either by calling 101 or onlineIf you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service on 18001 101.

If there's an immediate risk to someone's safety, please call 999. If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

The child sex offender disclosure scheme, sometimes called ‘Sarah’s Law’, allows parents, carers or guardians to formally ask the police for information about a person who has contact with their child, or a child close to them, if they're concerned the person may pose a risk.

Find out below how to make a request under the child sex offender disclosure scheme. 

To make a request for information if you live in England or Wales, please either:

  • call 101, or
  • visit your local police station

Risk assessments will be carried out at every stage.

Each request is carefully considered in consultation with partner agencies so that disclosure is granted to those best able to protect and safeguard the child. For more information on the scheme, visit Parents Protect.

If you live in Scotland

A sex offender disclosure scheme also operates in Scotland, allowing any member of the public to make an application for information about someone if they have a concern about their access to a child.

Find out more about the sex offender community disclosure scheme scheme in Scotland.

Police station finder

Location search controls

Find your nearest police station


Showing results for