61016 text service
Our 61016 text service offers the travelling public and rail staff a means to contact us directly and discreetly, in order to report non-emergency crime.
When to use the service
- You want to tell about an incident that has already happened
- You want to tell us about issues affecting your rail journey or your local station
- You have a general police enquiry
If your enquiry concerns buses or roads, you can contact local police anywhere in the country by dialling 101.
When to call 999
Always dial 999 when you need an urgent police response:
- A crime is happening
- Someone suspected of a crime is nearby
- Someone is injured, being threatened or in danger
Your mobile service provider may issue a small charge to text 61016. The exact cost will depend on your network and tariff.