Keeping children and young people safe

Everyone has the right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect.

If you have any concerns about the welfare or safety of a child or young person, you must report it. It is better to raise your concerns so they can be investigated, rather than failing to tell anyone and a child or young person possibly being exposed to further risk of harm.

In an emergency, always call 999.

Keeping children safe

To report your concerns when it’s not an emergency, call us on 0800 40 50 40 or text us on 61016.

You can also call your local police on 101, visit your nearest police station or speak to a police officer or police community support officer in person.

Please be ready to give as many details as you can, including:

  • The name of the child or young person you are calling about
  • Where they live or go to school
  • Why you have concerns about them

You can also report any concerns to your local council’s children’s services department. You will be able to find contact details on your council’s website.
Find your local council.           

 child abuse  CSE  safe 
 Disclosure scheme  travelling  TP

Contact Us

To report a crime or incident, call

0800 40 50 40

or text 61016

In an emergency call 999

Hide site
More information and support