If someone is in danger or at risk

If you or someone you know is being abused you can tell us about this, either by calling 101 or onlineIf you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service on 18001 101.

If there's an immediate risk to someone's safety, please call 999. If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

This form isn't for reporting domestic abuse. If you need to do that, please report a crime

The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme is often called ‘Clare’s Law’ after the landmark case that led to it. Clare’s Law gives any member of the public the right to ask the police if their partner may pose a risk to them.

Under Clare’s Law, a member of the public can also make enquiries into the partner of a close friend or family member.

Please note: The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme doesn't replace Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks, subject access or freedom of information (FOI) requests and the new Disclosure and Barring Service. 

If you live in Scotland, you can request information under the disclosure scheme for domestic abuse Scotland.

Advice tool


You are on Step 1 of a maximum of 1

Your progress is currently at 0%


Location search controls

We're asking for this so we can make sure your request gets to the right police force


Zoom level is sufficient

Is the location above correct?