Luggage theft tactics
Protect your luggage from thieves by keeping bags with you whenever possible and checking regularly on stored bags at stops.
Keep your luggage safe
- Try to keep luggage close by and in view and check on your bags regularly.
- Remove valuables from your luggage before placing it in luggage racks or in overhead storage compartments.
- Don't leave valuable items unattended on a train when you visit the toilet or buffet car.
- If you are going to sleep on a train, do not leave valuables in view on the table or seat next to you. Keep them hidden.
- Ensure any bags placed on the on the floor are in front of you so that any movement of the bag will be noticeable.