Many of our stations have designated areas where you can park
your bicycle. Bikes are a popular target for thieves. Follow our
simple tips to keep your bicycle safe and secure.
Dates and times of our cycle surgeries
Before you ride
- Register your bicycle at www.bikeregister.com.
- Mark your frame with your postcode in two separate locations,
one of which should be hidden. Attach a ‘Coded Cycle’ label to
reduce the risk of making your bike a target for theft.
- Take a photograph of your bike and record your frame number and
key details. This will help us to recover your bike if it is
At the station
- Whenever you need to leave you bike, make sure you lock it.
Lock the frame and both wheels to a cycle stand or a strong
- Whenever possible, lock your bike in a busy, well-lit and CCTV
- Consider using more than one lock to secure your bike and
ensure that you use a recognised security standard lock. D-locks,
extension cable or heavy chain locks are certified locking
mechanisms. It is important to ensure that yours are up to
- Make the lock(s) and bike hard to manoeuvre when parked by
ensuring little room between the stand and the bike.
- Locks are considered more vulnerable when they come in to
contact with the ground, so keep them off the floor.
- Keep valuables secure. Don't put them in open baskets or
Free security marking and advice
Our crime reduction officers are embarking on a series of
educational cycle surgeries to encourage owners of pedal cycles to
ensure their property is more secure.
Our officers will be equipped with BikeRegister tags to mark
your bike with a unique ID number to make it easier to recover
your bike if it is stolen. They will also
offer advice on how to register with
the BikeReigster site. They will also be checking bike racks
and leaving crime prevention advice.
- Wed 19th Oct, West Byfleet station -
- Monday 24th - London Bridge station 7am
- Tues 25th Oct - Brookwood station - 7am
- Wed 26th Oct - West By Fleet - 7am
- Thurs 27th Oct - Chichester station - 7am
- Fri 28rd Oct - Farnborough station -
Visit our social
media page which will list our local Twitter accounts. Your
local policing team will inform you of the next cycle surgery in
For more information and dates, follow us
on Twitter @BTP.
*On rare occasions, some surgeries may be subject to
late notice alterations. When this does occur, we will inform
passengers at the earliest opportunity*