Our vision, mission and values
Our aim is to keep you safe on your journey and make you
feel secure. Our staff and officers follow our vision,
mission and values so we can provide the best possible
To deliver a first class, specialist policing
service for the railway and to be recognised by our customers as
providing excellent value for money.
Our mission is to protect and serve the
railway environment and its community, keeping levels of
disruption, crime and the fear of crime as low as possible.
- Integrity and respect: acting with
honesty and authenticity, demonstrating respect and
- Common sense: taking a sensible and practical
approach and challenging bureaucracy.
- Trust and confidence: promoting
confidence in BTP and the Police Service, providing reliable and
consistent quality of service.
- Determination: always strive to achieve the
best results for our force, the railway, and the public.
- Professionalism: providing smart, skilled and
consistent service at all times, representing BTP in the best
- Pride: take pride in working for BTP and
serving the community.
Equality and diversity objectives
To find out more, please download a copy of our Equality and
diversity objectives 2013-16.