61016: our non-emergency text number
You can text us on 61016 to tell us
about non-emergency incidents. In an emergency
always dial 999.
You can text us on 61016 to report non-emergency
incidents, similar to the ones you would report to the 101
phone number provided by your local police force.
The text number is monitored 24/7 and, while it is not for
reporting emergencies, we will be able to send officers if
When to use the text service:
Text 61016 (or call 0800 40 50
40) when you want to contact us about an issue that
doesn't require an emergency response. For example, you can text
- You want to tell about an incident that has already
- You want to tell us about issues affecting your rail journey or
your local station
- You have a general police enquiry
If your enquiry concerns buses or roads, you can contact local
police anywhere in the country by dialling 101.
When to call 999:
Always dial 999 when you need an urgent police response
- A crime is happening
- Someone suspected of a crime is nearby
- Someone is injured, being threatened or in danger
Your mobile service provider may issue a small charge to text
61016. The exact cost will depend on your network and tariff.
Advice on when to call 999
More information on 61016
Our Q and A gives all the answers on using our text message service.
Take a look at some of our success stories from our Text 61016 service.
Text 61016 is 4
Our text 61016 service celebrates its fourth birthday.